Perfectly penciled encouragement card
This card uses the Perfectly Penciled 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper along with the Sending Smiles Bundle. The paper in the Perfectly Penciled DSP pack is all in black and white. You can choose to leave the paper as is, or color in the images, or color in only the background. I chose to color in these flowers on this paper using a variety of Stampin’ Blends. The Blends I used are mostly softer colors, with a bright and bold pop of Sweet Sorbet, which is one of the new 2022-2024 In Colors. I love the pop of red on this card! I even colored a piece of the DSP for the envelope flap.
Not to be overshadowed by this beautiful DSP, the Sending Smiles Bundle includes a variety of sentiments and flower images that can be stamped and die cut, including two banner dies to cut out the smaller font greetings. It’s a great set which I’ll be using more of in the future. You can find both the Perfectly Penciled DSP and the Sending Smiles Bundle in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.
You can view the project sheet for this card by clicking on the icon below.
my new favorite tool – magnetic cutting plate
If you’re like me, you love to die cut images for your cards! Stampin’ Up! released the newly designed Magnetic Cutting Plate in the new Annual Catalog and it’s fantastic! When die cutting stamped images I would use Washi tape to hold the dies in place while die cutting. No more! The new Magnetic Cutting Plate holds your dies in place while cutting and works beautifully.
The Magnetic Cutting Plate is a thin, fully magnetic sheet with a self-healing cutting surface. The Magnetic Cutting Plate (Plate 5) holds dies securely in place, even nested dies. This slim, portable sheet replaces a Cutting Plate in your sandwich. The plate is currently available for the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine but is not available yet for the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Stampin’ Up! is working on a magnetic plate for the Mini and it will hopefully be released in the near future. Note: Be aware that the sandwich instructions that come with the plate are incorrect. Stampin’ Up! is aware of this issue and is working on correcting the instructions that come with the plate. The correct sandwhich is Plate #1 (Base Plate), Plate #5 (Magnetic Cutting Plate), and Plate #3 (Cutting Plate).
Click below if you’re interested in checking out the Magnetic Cutting Plate for use with your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
june paper pumpkin kit – pick of the crop
The June Paper Pumpkin kit looks amazing! Here’s what is included:
- The June kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, adhesive, and more!
- Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set is perfect for expressing your love, gratitude, and style. With sentiments that say “Love you a whole bunch”, “You’re the pick of the crop”, “You are the sweetest,” and so many more, you’ll be able to use this photopolymer stamp set for all of your summer projects.
- This kit also includes specialty vellum pieces to add a fresh touch to your cards.
- The kit also comes with a Mini Shopping Bag (5-3/8″ x 6″; 13.7 x 15.2 cm) which can be used to hold a couple cards for a unique craft element. (Additional bags available for purchase separately.)
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Soft Succulent
You can view all of the kit details in the flyer.
If you’re not familiar with Paper Pumpkin, why not give it a try. Subscribe and each month, around the 20th of the month, you’ll receive your project box delivered directly to your home. Everything you need for your project is included in your monthly art box. All you have to do is open it up and get started. You’ll be able to make cards, treat bags, gift boxes and so much more with your monthly art box subscription. Click on the image below if you’d like to sign up for a subscription to Paper Pumpkin.