Happy Monday! Here is a thank you card sure to make you dream of Spring and warmer days! I used the Nested Friends Bundle, Something Fancy Dies and the Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder to create today’s card.
I started by stamping the nest image, tree branch image and the bird image onto a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. These images were stamped in Smoky Slate ink. I chose Smoky Slate because it is a fairly light, neutral color…perfect for coloring over with watercolor pencils as the gray ink can easily be covered with another color! The watercolor pencils were used as is and no water was applied to the colored images.
The nest was colored using a combination of Cajun Craze, Early Espresso and a little bit of Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green along the top of the nest where the light would be highlighting it the most. The tree branches were colored using Cajun Craze and Early Espresso and the leaves were colored in with Granny Apple Green and Old Olive. I chose to make the bird a blue bird and the bird was colored in using Cajun Craze, Pacific Point, Balmy Blue and Black. Once the coloring was completed, all images were die cut using the Nested Friends Dies.
A Basic White cardstock panel measuring 5-1/4″ x 4″ was embossed using the Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder. I love all of the texture that this embossing folder provides! The embossed panel was added to a mat in Old Olive. A length of Old Olive Twill Ribbon was wrapped around the bottom of this unit and the ends were secured to the back of the card using small lengths of Tear & Tape. The unit was then adhered to a card base in Thick Basic White cardstock.
The die cut nest, tree branch and bird were arranged towards the top of the card and adhered to the card front using a combination of liquid glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals. I die cut some additional small leaves in Granny Apple Green cardstock and tucked those in around the nest.
A sentiment was stamped onto a piece of scrap cardstock, and I used one of the dies from the Something Fancy Dies set. I can tell that these dies are going to become some of my favorites as they have some great sentiment label shapes! I adhered the sentiment label over the attached ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals and I attached one of the die cut leaves to the sentiment label.
On the inside panel, I stamped the tree limb in the upper corner of the panel and used watercolor pencils to color in the image. The panel was adhered to an Old Olive mat and this unit was adhered to the inside of the card. The envelope front received the same tree branch image, and the dotted stamp was used on the envelope flap to add a little decoration.
The Nested Friends Dies allow you to either cut out stamped images of the nest, or you can choose to die cut the nest from detailed dies included in the set. Either way, this pretty image is perfect for thank you cards, birthday cards, or thinking of you cards.
To download, Save and print a copy of the pdf tutorial for this card, click on the image below.
Join my February Craft & Chat – February 8, 7 pm Eastern
Wouldn’t it be great to have some dedicated time to work on your latest card or scrapbooking project? Would you like to gather remotely with fellow crafters to work on projects, chit chat, ask crafting questions, share a technique with the group, and generally have fun? If your answer is “yes” to any of these questions, then these Craft & Chat sessions are for you!
The January Craft & Chat was loads of fun! We had a great time chatting and working on our projects. Join us for the February Craft & Chat!
Here is how it works:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, February 6 that you’re interested in participating.
- Just prior to the Craft & Chat, I’ll email you a Zoom call link.
- Join the Craft & Chat via Zoom video call from the comfort of your own home.
- Craft & Chats will be limited to no more than 10 participants – that way everyone will have a chance to participate.
- Craft & Chats will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and are FREE -there is no fee associated with Craft & Chats.
- The Craft & Chat session will last around 45 minutes.
- Bring your current projects that you’re working on and plan to have fun and meet new friends!
I look forward to seeing you on February 8th!
Check Out the New Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Happenings!
The new January-April 2023 Mini Catalog and the Jan 5-Feb 28 2023 Sale-A-Bration Catalog are now available! How exciting! If you haven’t had a chance to browse these catalogs yet, I have them linked below so you can take a peek!
Click on either image below to view the new Mini Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration brochure!
If you’re ready to shop, click on the image below. When placing an order of at least $25 (before shipping and tax), be sure to use my current Host Code – HWFEM4ZK – and you will receive a free gift from me! If your order is $150 or more, do not use the Host Code as you will be eligible to receive Stampin’ Rewards…but you will still receive a free gift from me! Just be sure you see my name on the screen before checking out, otherwise I won’t be able to verify that you placed an order with me!
It’s Sale-A-Bration Time!
There is always a lot happening during Sale-A-Bration time! From now through February 28, 2023, take advantage and earn free products with qualifying orders, join my Stampin’ Up! team and get a really sweet deal on your Starter Kit or Host an online party! Read on for the details!
EARN FREE PRODUCTS:
During Sale-a-bration (January 5 through February 28) you can earn free products from the Sale-a-bration brochure for every $50 you spend (less tax and shipping). If you haven’t checked out the fantastic items you can earn for free yet, you can click on the Sale-a-bration link above to view all of the great items!
JOIN My Team:
Sale-A-Bration is also a great time to join my team and the Stampin’ Up! community! As a new team member, you get to choose products for your Starter Kit but during Sale-a-bration the offer is even sweeter! Here are the incredible joining options during Sale-a-bration:
- Option 1: The exclusive Boho Blue Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine ($63 value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 2: The original white Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine ($63 value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 3: Your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $99.
*That’s $50 more product than the standard Starter Kit offer!
This is the best joining offer I have seen from Stampin’ Up! And did I mention that your Starter Kit ships for free?
If you have been on the fence about joining the Stampin’ Up! team but you’re ready to take the leap…join between January 5 and February 28 for this fantastic offer! Now is the time! If you have questions about what it means to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, feel free to reach out to me…I would love to chat with you! I can tell you that my time with Stampin’ Up! has been wonderful and the Stampin’ Up! community is the absolute best…supportive and fun! There is no pressure to maintain your demonstrator status if you decide it’s not for you. And you can choose to be a hobby demonstrator for the discount (20%+) or you may wish to start a business.
Host an online party during Sale-A-Bration. When your party reaches $300 (USD) in party sales or personal sales, you can earn the Scenic Garden Stamp Set for free! If you are thinking about hosting a party during Sale-A-Bration, contact me via email at email@example.com and we’ll make it happen!
Connect With Inky Bee Stampers!
There are a number of ways to connect with me at Inky Bee Stampers:
- Follow my blog. Go to the right panel of my site to follow my blog.
- Subscribe to my monthly newsletter. Go to the right panel of my site to sign up for my newsletter.
- Shop in my Online Store
- Participate in Inky Bee Stamper’s Rewards Programs
- Participate in my monthly Craft & Chats – look for notices in my daily blog posts – held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 pm Eastern.
- Follow Inky Bee Stamper’s Facebook business page. Be sure to turn on notifications so you’ll know when I’m doing a Facebook Live – every Wednesday at 1 pm Eastern.
- Subscribe to Inky Bee Stamper’s You Tube channel. Once I reach 1,000 subscribers, I can begin doing You Tube Live videos, which means I’ll be producing two videos per week instead of one. Please consider subscribing to my You Tube channel!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Join my team! Become a hobby demonstrator or join to start a business. There is never any pressure to maintain your demonstrator status if you decide it’s not for you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how I can assist you! Thank you for your support!
New Kit in the Kits Collection – Saying Thanks
Say thank you to the people who make your day, every day with Saying Thanks all-inclusive card kit! This month’s kit has everything you need to show appreciation to family and friends who light up your life! This kit makes nine bright, colorful cards in no time to say thank you, recognize friends, and share your gratitude with a bright watercolor wash that won’t go unnoticed! You’ll never miss an opportunity to express gratitude with this colorful kit!
Here is what is included:
- Enough supplies to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes.
- Printed die-cut words, precut pieces, and enough adhesive to complete projects.
- White baker’s twine and iridescent diamond sequins.
- Finished card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm).
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade, Tahitian Tide.
Kits are a great option if you are limited on time, new to crafting or would like share the crafting experience with others!
Use My January Host Code When Placing an Order Through My Online Store
Did you know that you can purchase supplies from me to make your own beautiful creations? And if you use my current Host Code, you will receive a free gift from me valued at $8 when you place an order of $25 or more (before shipping and tax). Use the January Host Code – HWFEM4ZK. You can also click here to visit my Customer Rewards Page for the current Host Code.
I offer other Customer Rewards programs, too! To learn more about Inky Bee Stamper’s customer rewards programs, visit my Customer Rewards page here.