Because I love to watercolor, I couldn’t help but create another card using the In The Country Stamp Set…this time I water colored this country scene using ink! You can earn the In The Country Stamp Set for free during Sale-A-Bration with a qualifying order!
I started by stamping the image onto a panel of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper in Smoky Slate ink. I chose Smoky Slate because it is a lighter shade of gray and can be colored over with other inks. I pulled out most of the green inks I own…almost…to watercolor this image. I started with a very pale wash of Granny Apple Green and painted in all of the grassy areas with this mixture. I allowed the panel to dry, then used the darker shades of Mossy Meadow and Old Olive to paint in some smaller clumps of grass.
All of the trees were painted in with a pale shade of Old Olive and I used Mossy Meadow to paint in some shadow areas on the trees. I used a stronger concentration of Mossy Meadow to darken the area where the trees meet the field. The pine trees were painted in using Mossy Meadow and I used Evening Evergreen to paint in some shadows on the pine trees.
The dirt road was painted using a pale wash of Crumb Cake and allowed to dry. I then used Soft Suede to darken the left side of the dirt tracks and painted in a few areas to indicate rocks and darker areas of the roadway.
For the sky, I completely wet this area with plain water and avoided wetting any of the tree area. While the paper was still wet, I painted in a pale wash of Balmy Blue then used a stronger concentration to drop in darker areas in the sky, making sure to still leave some of the lighter areas of blue showing. This creates clouds in the sky!
Once the watercolor panel was completely dry I adhered it to a mat in Evening Evergreen. I used a length of Old Olive Twill Ribbon and wrapped the ribbon vertically across the panel on the left. The ends of the ribbon were adhered to the back of the panel using a small amount of Stampin’ Seal. I then used a second length of twill ribbon and tied a bow around the vertical piece of ribbon.
I chose a sentiment from the Hydrangea Haven Stamp Set and stamped this in Old Olive onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I then used the small banner die from the Something Fancy Stamp Set to cut the sentiment out. A second banner was cut using the same die in Evening Evergreen and I adhered the sentiment label to this second banner leaving a small reveal at the bottom and left of the sentiment label. The sentiment label was then adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the inside panel I used the same stamp from the In The Country Stamp Set and stamped only the tops of the trees along the bottom edge of the panel. The panel was then adhered to the inside of the card.
The envelope was also stamped with just the treetops in Old Olive ink. Because I did not use any designer series paper on this card, the envelope flap was left blank.
I know that water coloring an image can seem intimidating to some, but I provide some tips and guidelines on the pdf tutorial for this card that may help. You can access the tutorial by clicking on the image below.
Check Out the New Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Happenings!
The new January-April 2023 Mini Catalog and the Jan 5-Feb 28 2023 Sale-A-Bration Catalog are now available! How exciting!
I can’t wait for you to see all of the new products in the Mini Catalog and all of the products you can earn from the new Sale-A-Bration Catalog!
VIEW THE NEW CATALOGS:
Click on either image below to view the new Mini Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration brochure!
If you’re ready to shop, click on the image below. When placing an order of at least $25 (before shipping and tax), be sure to use my current Host Code – HWFEM4ZK – and you will receive a free gift from me! If your order is $150 or more, do not use the Host Code as you will be eligible to receive Stampin’ Rewards…but you will still receive a free gift from me! Just be sure you see my name on the screen before checking out, otherwise I won’t be able to verify that you placed an order with me!
Sale-A-Bration is also a great time to join my team and the Stampin’ Up! community! As a new team member, you get to choose products for your Starter Kit but during Sale-a-bration the offer is even sweeter! Here are the incredible joining options during Sale-a-bration:
- Option 1: The exclusive Boho Blue Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine ($63 value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 2: The original white Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine ($63 value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 3: Your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $99.
*That’s $50 more product than the standard Starter Kit offer!
This is the best joining offer I have seen from Stampin’ Up! And did I mention that your Starter Kit ships for free?
If you have been on the fence about joining the Stampin’ Up! team but you’re ready to take the leap…join between January 5 and February 28 for this fantastic offer! Now is the time! If you have questions about what it means to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, feel free to reach out to me…I would love to chat with you! I can tell you that my time with Stampin’ Up! has been wonderful and the Stampin’ Up! community is the absolute best…supportive and fun! There is no pressure to maintain your demonstrator status if you decide it’s not for you. And you can choose to be a hobby demonstrator for the discount (20%+) or you may wish to start a business.
Host an online party during Sale-A-Bration. When your party reaches $300 (USD) in party sales or personal sales, you can earn the Scenic Garden Stamp Set for free! If you are thinking about hosting a party during Sale-A-Bration, contact me via email at email@example.com and we’ll make it happen!
Today is the Deadline to Sign Up for My Virtual January 11 Craft & Chat
Wouldn’t it be great to have some dedicated time to work on your latest card or scrapbooking project? Would you like to gather remotely with fellow crafters to work on projects, chit chat, ask crafting questions, share a technique with the group, and generally have fun? If your answer is “yes” to any of these questions, then these Craft & Chat sessions are for you!
Join me on January 11, 2023 at 7 pm Eastern for a Craft & Chat!
Here is how it works:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, January 9 that you’re interested in participating.
- Just prior to the Craft & Chat, I’ll email you a Zoom call link.
- Join the Craft & Chat via Zoom video call from the comfort of your own home.
- Craft & Chats will be limited to no more than 10 participants – that way everyone will have a chance to participate.
- Craft & Chats will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and are FREE -there is no fee associated with Craft & Chats.
- The Craft & Chat session will last around 45 minutes.
- Bring your current projects that you’re working on and plan to have fun and meet new friends!
I look forward to seeing you on January 11th!
Connect With Inky Bee Stampers!
There are a number of ways to connect with me at Inky Bee Stampers:
- Follow my blog. Go to the right panel of my site to follow my blog.
- Subscribe to my monthly newsletter. Go to the right panel of my site to sign up for my newsletter.
- Shop in my Online Store
- Participate in Inky Bee Stamper’s Rewards Programs
- Participate in my monthly Craft & Chats – look for notices in my daily blog posts – held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 pm Eastern.
- Follow Inky Bee Stamper’s Facebook business page. Be sure to turn on notifications so you’ll know when I’m doing a Facebook Live – every Wednesday at 1 pm Eastern.
- Subscribe to Inky Bee Stamper’s You Tube channel. Once I reach 1,000 subscribers, I can begin doing You Tube Live videos, which means I’ll be producing two videos per week instead of one. Please consider subscribing to my You Tube channel!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Join my team! Become a hobby demonstrator or join to start a business. There is never any pressure to maintain your demonstrator status if you decide it’s not for you.
Email me at email@example.com and let me know how I can assist you! Thank you for your support!
Use My January Host Code When Placing an Order Through My Online Store
Did you know that you can purchase supplies from me to make your own beautiful creations? And if you use my current Host Code, you will receive a free gift from me valued at $8 when you place an order of $25 or more (before shipping and tax). Use the January Host Code – HWFEM4ZK. You can also click here to visit my Customer Rewards Page for the current Host Code.
I offer other Customer Rewards programs, too! To learn more about Inky Bee Stamper’s customer rewards programs, visit my Customer Rewards page here.
Products used to create this card are included below along with links for each item that will take you to my online store.
8 thoughts on “Stampin’ Up! In The Country Watercolor Thank You Card”
Oh my goodness, your watercoloring is amazing Carol! Beautiful card! 🙂
Thanks very much, Amy! It’s something I really enjoy doing. 🙂
oh Carol…..this is so beautiful…….you are such an artist!! This card could be framed!!
Thank you, Faith! It’s not hard when you have stamped lines to follow! 🙂
Gorgeous Carol!! 😊
Thanks very much, Akiko! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow! You remain the Queen of Coloring! This is simply amazing! 🙂
Thanks very much, Mary!
Comments are closed.