I have the honor of being a Guest Designer today for the Creative Creases Challenge! I love fun folds so my card for today was extra fun to create. I used the Decorated With Happiness Stamp Set, Decorated Pine Dies, the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder and Real Red & White 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper for some added sparkle to create this card! You can visit the Creative Creases Challenge site by clicking here.
The Double Box Fancy Fold consists of two card bases, which as you may have guessed, form two boxes for a free-standing card. The larger card base is in Soft Succulent and is covered with white panels which were embossed using the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder. The second card base consists of the “main” card panel and a small side panel which was also embossed.
Focusing on the main card panel, I began by second generation stamping the large pine bough image in Soft Succulent ink coming in from the top left. A sentiment from the Decorated With Happiness Stamp Set was stamped onto the lower right of this panel using Evening Evergreen ink.
Several components were die cut using the Decorated Pine Dies for the main panel. Specifically, I die cut a large pine bough from Evening Evergreen cardstock. Stars from White Glimmer Paper were die cut and the ornament was die cut in both Red and White Glimmer Paper.
The ornament was pieced together using both red and white Glimmer Paper and the pieces were secured on the reverse side using Tear & Tape. A piece of red and white Baker’s twine was threaded through the top of the ornament to “hang” from the stamped pine bough branch and secured with a small drop of glue. The ornament was adhered to the main panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals to hang below the pine bough. The die cut pine bough was adhered to the panel and white glimmer stars were scattered across the pine bough.
On the large card base, the embossed panels were adhered to their corresponding panels and the box mechanism was adhered into place. For the smaller card base, the smaller side panel was matted to a piece of Soft Succulent, then adhered to the card base. The smaller card base was then adhered to the larger card base to form the second box. The main panel was then adhered to the card front. A small red ribbon bow was added to the top of the ornament.
A white panel was stamped with pine boughs and an additional sentiment. This panel was then adhered to the back of the card. The same pine bough image was stamped onto the envelope front and envelope flap.
This double box fancy fold makes a pretty card. I hope you give it a try! You can view a pdf tutorial for this card, which includes detailed instructions and photos, by clicking on the image below.
I hope everyone enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving and I’m sure a few of you will be out shopping Black Friday deals today! Happy shopping and have a great weekend!
Join me on December 14, 7 pm for a Virtual Craft & Chat!
Wouldn’t it be great to have some dedicated time to work on your latest card or scrapbooking project? Would you like to gather remotely with fellow crafters to work on projects, chit chat, ask crafting questions, share a technique with the group, and generally have fun? If your answer is “yes”to any of these questions, then these Craft & Chat sessions are for you!
Beginning in December I will be offering monthly Craft & Chat sessions. Here is how it works:
- Look for the sign-up invitation from me on my blog and newsletter then email me to let me know you’re interested in participating. December’s invitation is below.
- Just prior to the Craft & Chat, I’ll email you a Zoom call link.
- Join the Craft & Chat via Zoom video call from the comfort of your own home.
- Craft & Chats will be limited to no more than 10 participants – that way everyone will have a chance to participate.
- Craft & Chats will occur on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and are FREE -there is no fee associated with Craft & Chats.
- The Craft & Chat session will last around 45 minutes.
- Bring your current projects that you’re working on and plan to have fun and meet new friends!
CRAFT & CHAT INVITATION FOR WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 7 PM EASTERN
Join me for my first Craft & Chat session!
If you’d like to participate in the December Craft & Chat, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, December 12. The first 10 sign-ups will be chosen to participate.
I look forward to seeing you on December 14th!
Good Things Come in Small Packages – December Paper Pumpkin Kit
Create fun gift card holders to help you celebrate your special occasions all year long! Personalize each gift with these reversible boxes and paper bands for a unique design every time. This kit comes with enough supplies for you to make 16 different gift card holders—2 each of 8 designs. It also has an all-occasion stamp set and enough paper pieces to make your craft really pop! No matter what the occasion or who the recipient is, this is a coordinated paper craft that everyone will love and appreciate!
Plus, this month you can take your crafting even further with a special add-on! Give a gift card and a personalized card with the Good Things Cards & Envelopes add-on. You get 20 cards (5 each of 4 designs) and 20 coordinating envelopes. Add-ons are live during the subscription period but will only be available while supplies last, so don’t wait! You can view the kit flyer by clicking here.
Here is what is included in the kit:
- Good Things Come in Small Packages Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Spot
- 16 gift card holders: 2 each of 8 reversible designs
- Precut paper pieces, twine, and belly bands to customize all your crafts.
- Enough adhesive for each project!
- Finished box size is 3-5/8″ x 2-1/2″
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors include: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Tahitian Tide
In order to receive the December kit, you must subscribe to Paper Pumpkin by December 10, 2022. If you subscribe on December 11, you will receive the January kit…not the December kit.
Here’s the information for the Good Things Cards & Envelopes Add-on:
- Add-on number: 163134
- Available staring: November 11
- Price: $10.00 USD
- The add-on includes 20 cards, 5 each of 4 designs, and 20 coordinating envelopes
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Garden Green
If you’re not yet a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I encourage you to give Paper Pumpkin a try! Here are my top 10 reasons why Paper Pumpkin should be at the top of your list.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO PAPER PUMPKIN:
- You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin on a month-to-month basis, a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription so subscriptions are flexible
- Pause and resume your subscription at any time – you have control over your subscription (just be sure to take action before the 10th of the month if you don’t want the upcoming months’ kit!)
- Kit contents are different each month and may include cards or a project so there is lots of variety
- Kits arrive around the 20th of each month
- The kit includes everything you will need to complete your kit
- Instructions are included to complete kits, or you can change things up and add additional elements, rearrange kit components, etc. You have control over how you complete the kit.
- Kit materials contain quality products
- Kits can be shared with friends, or get the kids involved
- Once you complete your kit you will have left over materials that can be used on future projects, such as adhesives, stamps, ink spot, etc. Don’t throw away excess card punch outs…use them on a future project!
- Paper Pumpkin kits can be gifted, just purchase a prepaid code at stampinup.com and give it to someone awesome!
Have I convinced you yet? I hope so! Paper Pumpkin kits are such a great value. If you’re a new crafter, it’s also a great way to dive right in and get your feet wet since the kits come with step-by-step instructions.
Ready to subscribe? Click on the photo below to sign up!
November Host Code and a Gift from Me!
Did you know that you can purchase supplies from me to make your own beautiful creations? And if you use my November Host Code, you will receive a free gift from me valued at $5 when you place an order of $25 or more (before shipping and tax). Use Host Code Y3MSDKAF.
I offer other Customer Rewards programs, too! To learn more about Inky Bee Stamper’s customer rewards programs, visit my Customer Rewards page here.