These beautiful pink poinsettias on this card were created using the Merriest Moments Stamp Set and the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder which comes with the Merriest Frames Dies and some lightly blended Cherry Cobbler ink.
Who knew that faded out Cherry Cobbler ink would make such a pretty shade of pink? That’s why it’s important to play with color! [Insert smile…]
I also used the Holly Berry Dies to add a few pine boughs to the card. The Basic Borders Dies were used to cut the V shape onto the Distressed Gold panel. Speaking of Distressed Gold 12″ x 12″ Specialty Paper…it’s currently not orderable but is expected back in stock in a few weeks. So, my apologies for creating a card using an item that isn’t currently available. If you have some on hand, great! If not, I’m a big advocate of using what you have in your stash…so you can easily substitute a coordinating piece of designer series paper for this card. On to the card.
I added a piece of Cherry Cobbler polka-dot patterned paper from the Boughs of Holly 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper pack to a card base in Very Vanilla. I used the Basic Borders die to die cut the V shaped panel from Distressed Gold 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper and added this to the card front.
From Very Vanilla cardstock I die cut two large, two medium, two small and two extra small poinsettias using the Merriest Frames Dies then lightly blended Cherry Cobbler ink over these flower pieces using a blending brush. I also die cut several holly leaves from the Merriest Frames Dies set as well as several pine boughs in gold from the Holly Berry Dies set.
The poinsettia pieces were assembled using liquid glue and I was careful to stagger the flower petals when adhering the pieces together. Three gold Festive Pearls were added to the flower centers to complete the flowers. A sentiment was stamped onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock in Cherry Cobbler ink and I lightly blended Cherry Cobbler ink around the sentiment label edges. The sentiment label was adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals and was centered from top to bottom and to the right of the card front.
The poinsettias were also adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I then tucked in the Holly leaves and gold pine boughs around the flowers.
Gold Simply Elegant Trim was looped three times then folded in half with the ends secured with several Mini Glue Dots. The trim was then tucked under the top flower – adding some extra shimmer. One additional gold Festive Pearl was added to the sentiment label.
On the inside panel of the card, I stamped an additional sentiment from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set in Cherry Cobbler ink and third generation stamped the greenery image on the bottom of the panel. The panel was then adhered to a panel of coordinating designer series paper and then I adhered this unit to the inside of the card.
The same greenery image from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set was third generation stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the envelope front. A piece of Distressed Gold Specialty Paper was adhered to the envelope flap and I trimmed around the flap to finish off the envelope.
I love decorating with poinsettias at Christmas time and it is what made me think of creating pink poinsettias for this Christmas card. So pretty! I hope you’ll give it a try!
To view, download and print the pdf tutorial for this card, click on the image below.
Join me on December 14, 7 pm for a Virtual Craft & Chat!
Wouldn’t it be great to have some dedicated time to work on your latest card or scrapbooking project? Would you like to gather remotely with fellow crafters to work on projects, chit chat, ask crafting questions, share a technique with the group, and generally have fun? If your answer is “yes”to any of these questions, then these Craft & Chat sessions are for you!
Beginning in December I will be offering monthly Craft & Chat sessions. Here is how it works:
- Look for the sign-up invitation from me on my blog and newsletter then email me to let me know you’re interested in participating. December’s invitation is below.
- Just prior to the Craft & Chat, I’ll email you a Zoom call link.
- Join the Craft & Chat via Zoom video call from the comfort of your own home.
- Craft & Chats will be limited to no more than 10 participants – that way everyone will have a chance to participate.
- Craft & Chats will occur on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and are FREE -there is no fee associated with Craft & Chats.
- The Craft & Chat session will last around 45 minutes.
- Bring your current projects that you’re working on and plan to have fun and meet new friends!
CRAFT & CHAT INVITATION FOR WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 7 PM EASTERN
Join me for my first Craft & Chat session!
If you’d like to participate in the December Craft & Chat, email me at email@example.com no later than Monday, December 12. The first 10 sign-ups will be chosen to participate.
I look forward to seeing you on December 14th!
Good Things Come in Small Packages – December Paper Pumpkin Kit
Create fun gift card holders to help you celebrate your special occasions all year long! Personalize each gift with these reversible boxes and paper bands for a unique design every time. This kit comes with enough supplies for you to make 16 different gift card holders—2 each of 8 designs. It also has an all-occasion stamp set and enough paper pieces to make your craft really pop! No matter what the occasion or who the recipient is, this is a coordinated paper craft that everyone will love and appreciate!
Plus, this month you can take your crafting even further with a special add-on! Give a gift card and a personalized card with the Good Things Cards & Envelopes add-on. You get 20 cards (5 each of 4 designs) and 20 coordinating envelopes. Add-ons are live during the subscription period but will only be available while supplies last, so don’t wait! You can view the kit flyer by clicking here.
Here is what is included in the kit:
- Good Things Come in Small Packages Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Spot
- 16 gift card holders: 2 each of 8 reversible designs
- Precut paper pieces, twine, and belly bands to customize all your crafts.
- Enough adhesive for each project!
- Finished box size is 3-5/8″ x 2-1/2″
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors include: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Tahitian Tide
In order to receive the December kit, you must subscribe to Paper Pumpkin by December 10, 2022. If you subscribe on December 11, you will receive the January kit…not the December kit.
Here’s the information for the Good Things Cards & Envelopes Add-on:
- Add-on number: 163134
- Available staring: November 11
- Price: $10.00 USD
- The add-on includes 20 cards, 5 each of 4 designs, and 20 coordinating envelopes
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride, Garden Green
If you’re not yet a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I encourage you to give Paper Pumpkin a try! Here are my top 10 reasons why Paper Pumpkin should be at the top of your list.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO PAPER PUMPKIN:
- You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin on a month-to-month basis, a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription so subscriptions are flexible
- Pause and resume your subscription at any time – you have control over your subscription (just be sure to take action before the 10th of the month if you don’t want the upcoming months’ kit!)
- Kit contents are different each month and may include cards or a project so there is lots of variety
- Kits arrive around the 20th of each month
- The kit includes everything you will need to complete your kit
- Instructions are included to complete kits, or you can change things up and add additional elements, rearrange kit components, etc. You have control over how you complete the kit.
- Kit materials contain quality products
- Kits can be shared with friends, or get the kids involved
- Once you complete your kit you will have left over materials that can be used on future projects, such as adhesives, stamps, ink spot, etc. Don’t throw away excess card punch outs…use them on a future project!
- Paper Pumpkin kits can be gifted, just purchase a prepaid code at stampinup.com and give it to someone awesome!
Have I convinced you yet? I hope so! Paper Pumpkin kits are such a great value. If you’re a new crafter, it’s also a great way to dive right in and get your feet wet since the kits come with step-by-step instructions.
Ready to subscribe? Click on the photo below to sign up!
November Host Code and a Gift from Me!
Did you know that you can purchase supplies from me to make your own beautiful creations? And if you use my November Host Code, you will receive a free gift from me valued at $5 when you place an order of $25 or more (before shipping and tax). Use Host Code Y3MSDKAF.
I offer other Customer Rewards programs, too! To learn more about Inky Bee Stamper’s customer rewards programs, visit my Customer Rewards page here.
Products used to create today’s card are included below along with links for each product that will take you to my online store.
6 thoughts on “Stampin’ Up! Merriest Moments Pink Poinsettias Christmas Card”
Such a pretty card Carol! Love the colors and the poinsettias are beautiful! 🙂
Thank you, Amy! 🙂
Oh – this is gorgeous! Love those pink poinsettias! 🙂
Thanks, Mary! 🙂
Beautiful card, Carol…..pink poinsettias are so lovely…..
Thank you, Faith! I love them too!
Comments are closed.