I had way too much fun playing with the Merriest Moments Stamp Set and the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder! The Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder includes an embossing folder and 16 dies and gives you a number of options for embossing and die cutting. Several of the dies fit inside of the embossing folder to emboss and die cut at the same time. I will be creating more holiday cards using these sets…you can count on it!
My card today is in traditional red and green. I started off with a card base in Evening Evergreen (one of my all-time favorite greens). A white panel was embossed using the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder and adhered to the card front. I cut a mat for the center of the embossed panel using the Festive Foils 12″ x 12″ Specialty Designer Series Paper (say that 5 times fast) in Cherry Cobbler and I adhered this panel to the center of the embossed white panel. A sentiment label was die cut using the rectangle die from the set and I stamped a greeting onto this panel from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set in Cherry Cobbler ink. The sentiment label was adhered to the center of the embossed panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals. The embossed panel was then adhered to the card front. Check out the fonts on the sentiments…they’re beautiful!
Now comes the fun part! I stamped several poinsettia images in Cherry Cobbler ink onto Real Red cardstock for some contrast. I then die cut two smaller poinsettia images in Real Red cardstock and a smaller poinsettia image in Crushed Curry cardstock. These petal sets were assembled to create a poinsettia flower. When assembling, I made sure to offset the petals. I added an amber gem from the Leaf Label & Amber Gem Combo Pack to the center of the poinsettia to complete the flower. I also gently curled up the ends of the poinsettia petals to add more dimension.
Several holly leaves were stamped onto Garden Green cardstock using Evening Evergreen ink then die cut using the coordinating dies. The holly leaves and poinsettia were adhered to the left of the sentiment label. So pretty!
An additional sentiment was added to the inside panel along with holly leaves partially stamped in Evening Evergreen ink. I also added a strip of the Festive Foils DSP. Holly leaves were stamped on the lower front of the envelope and a piece of coordinating DSP was added to the envelope flap.
This completes the card! I love the traditional Christmas colors against the white embossed panel. How about you?
You can view, download and print the project sheet for this card by clicking on the image below.
Click here to visit my Facebook page to view the video tutorial for this card.
Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin Kit Coming in October!
‘Tis the season to make your own Christmas cards with the Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit contains whimsical designs of Santa and his reindeer in a classic Christmas color palette which is sure to match various styles of holiday décor and look great on mantles everywhere. Each kit contains enough supplies to create 9 festive cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. These cards are sure to bring the warm holiday spirit.
And word from the North Pole is that this kit coordinates with next month’s Paper Pumpkin tag kit and a special add-on product! With so much coordination between products, you’ll have a breeze at creating a cohesive look for all your holiday gifting needs. Make this season the most wonderful time of the year for your loved ones—and for yourself!
In order to receive the October Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin Kit, you must subscribe no later than October 10! Don’t delay and miss out on this adorable kit! To view the flyer which contains all of the details, click here.
If you want a glimpse of products from a Paper Pumpkin kit, I will be sharing my completed Halloween Treat Boxes this Friday on my blog from the Spooky Treats September kit! I had so much fun putting these together!
If you’re not yet a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I encourage you to give Paper Pumpkin a try! Here are my top 10 reasons why Paper Pumpkin should be at the top of your list.
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO PAPER PUMPKIN:
- You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin on a month-to-month basis, a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription so subscriptions are flexible
- Pause and resume your subscription at any time – you have control over your subscription (just be sure to take action before the 10th of the month if you don’t want the upcoming months’ kit!)
- Kit contents are different each month and may include cards or a project so there is lots of variety
- Kits arrive around the 20th of each month
- The kit includes everything you will need to complete your kit
- Instructions are included to complete kits, or you can change things up and add additional elements, rearrange kit components, etc. You have control over how you complete the kit.
- Kit materials contain quality products
- Kits can be shared with friends, or get the kids involved
- Once you complete your kit you will have left over materials that can be used on future projects, such as adhesives, stamps, ink spot, etc. Don’t throw away excess card punch outs…use them on a future project!
- Paper Pumpkin kits can be gifted, just purchase a prepaid code at stampinup.com and give it to someone awesome!
Have I convinced you yet? I hope so! Paper Pumpkin kits are such a great value. If you’re a new crafter, it’s also a great way to dive right in and get your feet wet since the kits come with step-by-step instructions.