I grabbed watercolor paper for today’s project and two of our new In Colors to create a background scene. I used the wet-in-wet watercolor technique, then came back in after the panel was dry to add a few darker details. FYI – Tahitian Tide makes a lovely sky when water coloring!
The card sits on a Tahitian Tide card base with a white mat to set off the water-colored background. I few grasses were die cut from Parakeet Party, I added a sentiment panel and popped up the die cut flying Heron using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Step by step instructions are included on the linked project sheet. I love creating background scenes in watercolor as it provides a different look to the cards. You can access the project sheet by clicking on the image below.
I hope you’ll give this watercolor technique a try to create beautiful background scenes for your projects. It’s easier than you think!
LAST CHANCE & RETIRING Products
The January–June 2022 Mini Catalog will be retiring soon! It’s sad to see a Stampin’ Up! catalog retire but I’m looking forward to all the new products on their way—and I hope you are, too!
Be sure to stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good! Save up to 50% on essential craft supplies. Sale prices are in effect now. Browse the list linked below. Last Chance Products are only available while supplies last. Click here to view the pdf version of the list.
Here are all the details:
- Discounts begin on June 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022.
- All products are available while supplies last, and there are no purchase limits.
- Discounted items can be added to a Starter Kit and redeemed as a 50% off item or with Stampin’ Rewards.
- Only orders opened and closed during the promotion period apply.
- Stamp Sets are not guaranteed during this promotion and are while supplies last.
- The ordering deadline is June 30, 2022 at 11:50 pm (MT).
You can go to my online store to check out the items included in the Last Chance sale. Happy shopping!
I had a chance to see the new Mini Catalog which will be coming up in July and I’m drooling over all of the wonderful new products that are featured in this catalog! Lots of wonderful Fall and Holiday themed goodies! I can’t wait for you to see the new Mini Catalog and the Sale-A-Bration Catalog!
KITS COLLECTION BOGO 50% OFF PROMOTION
Get ready—the Kits Collection is having a buy one, get one 50% off promotion. This is the perfect time to #ShareYourMoment and share a kit from the Kits Collection with a friend! As always, the kit selection is based on availability. You can see what’s available in the Kits Collection by visiting my online store here.
Here are the promotion details:
- Sale runs through 1–30 June 2022.
- All kits in the Kits Collection by Stampin’ Up! qualify for this sale.
- Kit selection is based on availability.
- You will need at least two kits in your cart for the discount to automatically apply at checkout.
- There are no order limits on this promotion.
- For customers, the discount will automatically apply to the most expensive kit in your cart.
To learn more about the #ShareYourMoment yearlong Stampin’ Up! campaign, watch the short video below. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Click here to download a flyer for the Kits Collection BOGO 50% Off Promotion!
Products used to create this card are included below:
4 thoughts on “Heron in Flight with Watercolor Background”
Wow, that’s beautiful Carol!! Your background is perfect with the heron image! 🙂
Thank you, Amy! I love to watercolor paint, and I love that I get to incorporate it into my cards…so satisfying!
Hi Carol, This card is so beautiful. I love your watercolor scene and technique. I am still new to SU and watercoloring. I am looking forward to trying this. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thanks so much, Anne! Hopefully my instructions will be helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via email at email@example.com. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for stopping by my blog…I greatly appreciate it!
Comments are closed.